Monday, November 12, 2018

A World That Works For Everyone

Friends I hold to a vision that we can create a world that works for all.  I know in my heart it is possible, but sometimes when I look around me it seems so far away.  

My friend and colleague, Rev. Martha Quintana, posted this beautiful prayer coupled with a recent experience she had and she seems to have captured what I think a world that works for everyone could look like.  With her permission I'd like to share it with you.  Words to live by, in deed and in thought.  Thank you Rev. Martha.

Holding Up the Sky by Martha Quintana
I came back home after a week at the Parliament of World Religions. I’ll never be the same. I experienced a world where people honor and respect their different cultures and different appearances of the Divine while holding themselves in reverence. The Goddess came out to play in every woman and no man was left behind. I saw a world that worked in the thousands of people who exchanged ideas, imagined a world where all people are cherished, and where, finally, all have enough – enough food, enough housing, clothing, enough love, enough self-regard, and enough God. Authentic.  I stand proudly with my New Thought brothers and sisters in this dream. 

Today, I pray this vision that we humans evolve so high that we hold up the sky.

Prayer by Martha Quintana
There is a World so vast that it goes beyond the Earth. This World, the Divine Universe, lives, breathes, and has Its being as every star, every point in space, all creatures great and small, and all light everywhere. This World is Peace, Love, Divine Harmony, Goodness, Beauty, and Truth. This Divine World knows that it knows that it knows, and all is born.

I am born of this Divine World. As it knows Itself, it knows me and, like it, I am peace, love, divine harmony, goodness, beauty, and truth. I know that I know that I know. I am a woman of faith and anything that would hinder this faith now falls away never to return. As I know this for me, I know this for each person who lives this prayer.

I affirm and declare the Planet Earth is restored to balance. Every drop of water is pure and clear, and the temperature of the Earth’s surface is adjusted to hold all life.  Every creature on the planet, animals and humans, have enough. Every creature is restored to its natural beauty and truth.  I affirm every child, woman, and man goes to bed tonight having eaten good food and drunk good water, having good shelter, wholesome love, and knowing that great self-regard is the order of the day. 

I affirm that the Creator who stands in every person is authentically seen. I stand with the billions of people who hold this vision and know it is already made manifest.  Of this, I am sure. 

I am grateful for the Divine that allows Itself to be known in all cultures in the language that can be heard and seen. I am grateful for the ears to hear and the eyes to see and grateful that these abilities grow every day. I am grateful this day that every human being has enough and that all the balance of Nature has been restored for all beings. I am grateful for the Centers for Spiritual Living and for New Thought Religions because these are good places filled with people of faith. I am grateful.

I release this word back into the Law knowing that I know that I know. As faith. And so it is. Amen.

In my philosophy we talk about the power of a mental equivalent that we hold in our minds and hearts so that the Universe can use it as a pattern when it is creating through us.  Take this vision as your vision, this prayer as your prayer, know with me this vision and that our world is changing for good.

Namaste my Loves, Namaste!
Alice

ATTRIBUTION:
Rev. Martha Quintana, Senior Minister
Rio Grande Center for Spiritual Living4374 Alexander Blvd. NE, Suite TAlbuquerque, NM 87107www.rgcsl.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?