Tuesday, January 21, 2014

How Could I Forget?

I'm awestruck at how easy it is to forget how loved I am.  It's like when I'm out walking in the woods and all I can see is the trail beneath my feet.  I need to look up to see all the magnificence and grandeur around me.  Yet my spiritual eyes need to do the exact opposite.  Rather than keep looking outside myself I need to keep looking within.  Funny how that works isn't it?

Last night was one of those times.  I was reminded how loved I really am as I did my personal journey work.  I'm sure these words don't convey the full potency of what I experienced - you kind of had to be there.  And that's exactly how it works, you have to be willing to inhabit yourself to see how truly loved you really are.

If you're like me you probably pay a lot of attention to the world around you.  There is so much to see and do and experience.  But all of the bling of life distracts me from the true beauty of my interior landscape where truth resides and I can see my true nature and feel the love of Spirit.

Melissa Phillippe has a great song out "I Am Remembering".  The lyrics softly repeat "I am remembering who I am".

Today I am choosing to remember who I am and that I am loved beyond measure by the One.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you Reverend Alice! Count me in as one of the many who love you dearly! For me, your words in this post are a wonderful reminder just in time for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?