Sunday, December 29, 2013

25 Questions - Listening to Your Inner Wisdom

Happy New Year!  

Each year we do a ritual known as the Burning Bowl.  We reflect on what we want to release as we move into the New Year, write it down on a piece of paper and we bless it then let it go by burning it.

I've done this every year for almost 15 years and it's been a powerful ritual to intentionally release things that no longer serve me.  This year I'm taking it a little deeper and adding a pre-ritual assessment of the year.  I'm listening to my inner wisdom voice and taking an inventory of the year and then deciding what needs to be released.

Here are the questions I'm asking myself courtesy of Ashley Wilhite at www.mindbodygreen.com.

1. What am I most proud of this year?

2. How can I become a better _____________?

3. Where am I feeling stuck?

4. Where do I need to allow myself grace?

5. Am I passionate about my work & career?

6. What lessons have I learned?

7. What did my finances look like?

8. How did I spend my free time?

9. How well did I take care of my body, mind, and soul?

10. How have I been open-minded?

11. When did I feel most creatively inspired?

12. What projects have I completed?

13. How have I procrastinated?

14. In what ways can I re-structure my time?

15. How have I allowed fear of failure hold me back?

16. Where has self-doubt taken over?

17. When have I felt the most alive?

18. How have I taught others to respect me?

19. How can I improve my relationships?

20. Have I been unfair to anyone?

21. Who do I need to forgive?

22. Where is it time to let go?

23. What old habits would I like to release?

24. What new habits would I like to cultivate?

25. How can I be kind to myself?


Once I answered these questions I asked myself one more question….

What do I want to hand over to the Spirit to be transformed in 2014?

And this is what I'll release to the Divine Wisdom of the Universe during our Burning Bowl Ceremony January 5th.  I've decided to have no regrets - just release and let it go.

Feel free to post what you'd like to release here and I'll include them in our ceremony next week.  

In the meantime, have a safe and happy New Year my Beloveds - here's to a fabulous 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?